With the “Long Tail” of content, traditional advertising has lost effectiveness. As such, brands need to find new ways of reaching their customers. Brands need to provide “value” in conjunction with a marketing message. Additionally, messaging is short-lived and technology can play a key role in maintaining communication with your customers. Even better, if technology is proprietary to your brand, you can gain a competitive advantage over your customers.
Complemedia launched in 2008 with the mission of providing high profile brands their own proprietary technology channels.
With the introduction of the iPhone and other smart-phones, it became apparent that these devices, along with the apps which run on them, were a perfect fit for healthcare. These devices are: 1) Convenient for the end-user (busy healthcare professionals) 2) Targeted 3) Measurable and 4) Easy to use.
With the launch of the first stand-alone CME application in 2009, Complemedia became solely focused on healthcare and medical.
Some Complemedia milestones:
- First stand alone mobile app focusing on continuing medical education ($1 Billion industry).
- Featured on iTunes.
- First health news application (that we know of!)
- First medical journal app
- Over 100,000 downloads for our clients
- First comprehensive app listing targeted at healthcare professionals
- Invited to Cupertino as a top medical developer to discuss medical apps with the Apple healthcare team
- Much more…
Our vision is for all health and medical content to be distributed using mobile devices. This transition will provide significant targeting efficiencies and cost saving for the industry.
Complemedia products will continue to be on the leading edge of this transition.